To stay competitive and make their life easier, most Amazon sellers turn to different eCommerce tools specific to Amazon. With dozens of Amazon tools out there, it’s hard to choose which one is the best for your business.
To help you out, I made a complete comparison on Helium 10 vs Viral Launch, two of the best Amazon tools in the market.
In this blog post, I will discuss what Helium 10 and Viral Launch are, their key features, how they function in helping sellers, and how they compare to each other.
Read the entire post to learn the pros and cons of these two Amazon tools so you can determine which will work best for your needs.
What is Helium 10?
Helium 10 was founded by Manny Coats and Guillermo Puyol in 2015. Both had been engaged in the eCommerce online communities for several years, which led them to develop software that will help sellers manage their eCommerce businesses efficiently and successfully.
It all started with a listing optimization tool until it became Helium 10, an all-in-one Amazon software solution. In 2019, it was acquired by Assembly, a company that offers solutions to sellers to help them out at each stage of their eCommerce business.
Together, they continue to improve and develop Helium 10.
Helium 10 offers a set of tools that will help you jump-start your Amazon FBA business. It will allow you to do product and keyword research, Amazon listing optimization, and manage a large percentage of your FBA business with ease.
Helium 10 also offers analytic and marketing tools to help you track your profits, get accurate market insights, and improve your PPC ads.
Helium 10 has several tools within its platform, these are:
- Black Box – Identify possible products to sell
- Trendsetter – Determine product seasonality and tracks price trends
- Chrome Extension – Analyze if a product is viable to sell
- Magnet – Find relevant and high-volume keywords for Amazon and Walmart
- Cerebro – Find keywords using ASIN and see what keywords your competitors are using
- Misspellinator – Use to search for commonly misspelled but frequently used keywords on Amazon
- Frankenstein – Keyword cleaner and processor for your listings
- Scribbles – Use to build and optimize listings
- Index Checker – Use to verify if your listings are indexed
- Listing Analyzer – Analyze your listings and see what’s working on Amazon
- Audience – Get target market feedback to help you with your listings
- Listing Builder – Create, and optimize new and current listings
- Inventory Management – FBA sellers can manage Amazon inventory stocks easier and faster.
- Refund Genie – Automate the FBA reimbursement process.
- Alerts – Get alerts by monitoring your listings for hijackers.
- Inventory Protector – Protects listings from coupon stackers and prevents competitors from spying on your stocks.
- Follow Up – Automate email marketing to effectively communicate to your customers.
- Mobile App – This allows you to manage your Amazon business on your mobile phone to give you access anytime and anywhere.
- Seller Assistant – Use this to request multiple reviews from customers.
- Profits – Track your Amazon sales to measure profitability.
- Market Tracker – Track the overall health of your market as well as your competitors.
- Keyword Tracker – Monitor and track your rankings faster.
- Market Tracker 360 – Provides accurate market insights to help grow your business and get ahead of your competitors.
- Adtomic – AI-powered PPC tool to maximize your Amazon ads return on investment.
- Portals – This allows you to build external traffic anywhere to direct your customers to your Amazon product landing pages.
- Amazon Anomaly Tracker – Find out if your listing is affected by an Amazon glitch.
- QR Code Generator – Generate QR codes to drive external traffic and
- URL Builder – Easily build Canonical URLs.
- Chrome Extension – Easily analyze Amazon data through its Chrome extension.
- PPC Audit – Analyze your PPC performance with ease.
- Amazon Keyword Research – Easily find keyword opportunities and beat your competitors.
What is Viral Launch?
Viral Launch was founded in 2014 by Casey Gauss. The company specializes in eCommerce, SEO, Amazon selling, branding, marketing, and more. It’s a go-to software to help brands launch, source, and get ahead on the Amazon marketplace.
The mission of Viral Launch is to provide entrepreneurs with tools and valuable insights to help them achieve lasting success. Currently, Viral Launch offers software solutions and services that are focused on helping Amazon sellers scale their business.
Here are the services and software that Viral Launch offers.
- Product Discovery – Find potential products to sell on Amazon quickly.
- Keyword Research – Save time finding relevant keywords from Amazon.
- Keyword Manager – Use this to analyze listings, track important keywords, and build listings using your important keywords.
- Market Intelligence – This allows you to source products that will sell and make you money.
- Competitor Intelligence – A reverse ASIN lookup tool that provides competitor insights.
- Listing Analyzer – This allows you to discover improvements on your listings that will create a great impact on your overall performance.
- Listing Builder – Build powerful listings that include your high-performing keywords.
- Split Testing – The split testing platform allows you to test different elements on your listings to optimize them by getting a report for every split testing you make.
- Kinetic PPC – Helps in automating your Amazon PPC and increasing profits.
- Launches – Use this to drive brand awareness and increase external traffic to your listings when you launch your products.
Helium 10 vs Viral Launch
Let’s try to compare Helium 10 and Viral Launch and see what they can offer their users.
|Product Features||Helium 10||Viral Launch|
|PPC Pricing Tool and Reporting||❌||✔️|
|PPC Automation Tool||✔️||✔️|
|PPC Customer Support and Training||❌||✔️|
|Request Reviews in 1 Click||✔️||❌|
|Product Split Testing||❌||✔️|
|Historical Data Analysis||✔️||❌|
|Product Promotions and Discounts||❌||✔️|
|Pricing||Free PlanStarter: $29/month|
Pro Plus Ads: $166/month
|Data Accuracy||74% accurate|
Margin of Error %: 26
Margin of Error %: 20
|Ease of Use||Easy to use and navigate |
Uses filters, and sorters
Easy to follow knowledge base
Uses filters and sorters
|Customer Support||Available 24/7|
Email and Tickets
Live chat and email
Viral Launch and Helium 10 have similar features, such as keyword and product research and PPC automation tools. While both offer keyword and product research tools, there are more options within Helium 10, such as Helium 10 Cerebro, Magnet, and Misspellinator, for keyword research.
As for product research, they have Helium 10 Black Box and Trendster. Helium 10 Black Box allows you to find products that have the potential to sell on Amazon.
Helium 10 Trendster, on the other hand, allows you to track product seasonality and price trends. This allows you to manage your stocks on seasonal products and offer a more competitive price.
However, Helium 10 lacks the split-testing feature that Viral Launch offers. The split-testing feature allows you to test different versions of your product listings which is a great feature as it allows you to see which works and which does not.
However, Helium 10 offers inventory tools that Viral Launch lacks.
The inventory tools not only allow sellers to manage their inventory easier but can also protect their listings from competitors who spy on their stocks and from customers who stack coupons which may cause their inventory to be wiped out easily.
Another feature that Helium 10 doesn’t provide is the Launch feature of Viral Launch. This is a service that they provide if sellers need help in launching and managing their campaigns.
They have real professionals that will help increase brand awareness and external traffic to the sellers’ listings. Although this comes with an additional fee, it’s still a good feature.
Based on the table above, you can see that Helium 10 offers a free plan and the starter plan is much cheaper than Viral Launch. So, when it comes to pricing and affordability, especially for new Amazon sellers, Helium 10 seems to be winning in this aspect.
No matter how affordable the software is or how many tools are available within that software, one important factor to consider is the accuracy of the data it provides.
The information above is based on Jungle Scout’s research wherein they compared several Amazon tools to see which of them provides the most accurate data.
Between Helium 10 and Viral Launch, Helium 10 has 74% data accuracy while Viral Launch is 79.3% accurate. This means that the data gathered by Viral Launch is more accurate than Helium 10.
Although the gap between the two is not big, it is still important to look into data accuracy to help make a smart decision.
Ease of Use
It’s a tie when it comes to ease of use. Both Helium 10 and Viral Launch seem to have a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface that is perfect for both beginners and seasoned Amazon sellers.
The dashboard for both software is very straightforward, and you can play around with them by using filters or sorting the information.
However, there are some users who reported that some tools of Helium 10 are difficult to learn. The learning curve is a bit steep for some features, especially for beginners.
The good news is that Helium 10 has a knowledge base that contains training videos and step-by-step guides on how to use each of its tools.
If you have a Helium 10 Platinum plan, you can get access to Helium 10 Freedom Ticket for free. It’s a 10-week course that is created by Kevin King, a successful entrepreneur and a famous Amazon FBA guru.
As for Viral Launch, some users find that the amount of information provided by Viral Launch can somehow be overwhelming. They also offer free courses such as How to Sell on Amazon and Amazon PPC Playbook.
Viral Launch also has E-books available where sellers can get valuable insights.
Both Helium 10 and Viral Launch have 24/7 customer support. However, the way to contact Helium 10’s customer support is quite limited to submitting tickets and sending emails.
They don’t have chat support or a phone line to contact them in case users need immediate help. Sometimes it may also take at least 24 hours to get answers to their concerns.
Viral Launch, on the hand, has more responsive customer support. They have a live chat that customers can use in case they have questions or concerns about the software.
Pros and Cons of Helium 10 and Viral Launch
Here are some of the pros and cons of the two competing software that you should know to help you decide which one is worth trying out.
|Helium 10||· Customizable plan|
· Free plan/ tools
· One of the most complete Amazon tools in the market
· Excellent customer service
· Free access to Freedom Ticket
|· There are glitches and bugs when using some tools, such as the Helium 10 Adtomic|
· It’s hard to reach customer support since they are only limited to support tickets.
· No live chat or phone line to contact them easily.
· Some features are somehow difficult to learn.
|Viral Launch||· User interface is easy to use and learn|
· Customer support is responsive
· Has a solid AI system that can collect data and analyze information for you
· Easy keyword research using their Chrome extension
· They have a service where professionals can manage your campaigns for a minimal fee.
|· No free plan|
· A bit expensive, especially for beginners
· New sellers may be overwhelmed with the amount of information provided by Viral Launch.
So, which do you think is the better software for you? Well, both are actually great and have excellent features that can really help sellers manage their Amazon business more efficiently and successfully. I personally use Helium 10, and so far, it works great for me.
It really all boils down to your personal preference and needs. But whichever software you use, any of the two can help you run your Amazon business more smoothly and improve sales in the long run.
If you prefer to go for Helium 10, here’s how you can save money through the Helium 10 coupon. So, which do you think won the battle between Helium 10 vs Viral Launch?
Share your thoughts in the comments below, and you might just help another Amazon seller decide which one to get for their business.