So, you have decided to bid goodbye to Amazon? Be it fewer sales, or you are done being an Amazon seller, there are many reasons why sellers decide to give up their Amazon seller account.
How to delete Amazon seller account? Does it require submitting any documents? Well, no! Deleting the account permanently is easy, but it has several pre-conditions that you need to fulfill.
In this post, I have shared a step-by-step guide to delete the Amazon seller account. Furthermore, the article even rounds up the prerequisites and some alternatives to deleting the account.
Pre-Conditions to Fulfil Before Closing Your Amazon Seller Account
Amazon ensures that its customers have an amazing experience buying with it, and therefore it doesn’t let the sellers delete their account in a day or two. Sometimes, you may have to wait for a few months to get the account closed permanently.
Here are the prerequisites you need to fulfill to delete the Amazon Seller Account:
- Fulfill any outstanding orders and resolve all ongoing transactions.
- Wait until the Amazon seller account balance gets transferred to your bank account. For this, you have to wait until the next charge date or disbursement cycle.
- Wait for 90 days after you have made the last sale through the seller’s account to ensure the A-to-z Guarantee claims period gets over.
- Resolve all the transactions with the buyers, including addressing the refunds and returns.
- Confirm your bank account information to avoid any payment delays.
- Check the Performance Notifications to make sure that your seller’s account meets all the conditions required for permanent account suspension.
- Submit a request at the Amazon warehouse to dispose of or return the FBA inventory.
After you meet all the pre-conditions, you can delete your Amazon seller account permanently.
What Happens When You Close the Amazon Seller Account?
Before I explain the steps to delete the seller account, it is paramount to tell you what happens once you delete the account.
- You will not be able to access other websites, including Audible using the Amazon log-ins.
- Your profile will get removed completely, this includes reviews, photos, and other stuff that the customers have uploaded.
- All the promotional credit balance or Amazon.com Gift Card will be inaccessible after closing the seller account.
- If you close a North America Unified Account, then all other Amazon accounts that you own will also get closed, i.e., Amazon Canada or Mexico. (Go through these North America Unified Account FAQs for more information)
- You won’t be able to access the digital content using Amazon Drive, Amazon Music, Prime Photos anymore.
- You won’t be able to access the account history, including the order history or credit card info.
I suggest you keep track of all critical information before you close the seller account. You won’t be able to get access to any Amazon account-related information once your account gets suspended.
Steps on How to Delete Amazon Seller Account
So, you have made your mind and still want to delete the seller account? Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Log In to your Amazon Seller Central Account using the email and password.
Step 2: Click on Settings, and then choose Account Info.
Step 3: Now click on Close Account. You will find it at the bottom of the page under the Account Management section.
Step 4: Now, the website will take you on the Contact Us page, where you have to describe why you are looking to close the seller account.
Step 5: Choose Change Selling Plan or Close Account, and describe your issue to Amazon.
Step 6: You will receive a confirmation mail from Amazon to track the status of account closure.
Can You Get the Amazon Seller Account Back Once You Delete It?
No, there is no way to get the seller account back once you close it. So be sure and make your mind that you really want to delete the account. All the order history, credit card info, and promotional coupons will expire after your account gets suspended.
Alternatives to Deleting the Amazon Seller Account
If your inventory is empty and you don’t want to receive more orders, then there’s no need to delete the account. You can opt for the alternatives to stop receiving orders for some time.
You can choose the vacation or holiday mode to stop receiving orders, and guess what? It doesn’t require closing the seller account as well.
To enable the vacation mode:
- Click on Settings and choose Account Info.
- Now locate the Listing Status box and click on Going on Holidays. The website will redirect you to the Listing Status Page.
- Choose the Inactive radio button and tap on Save.
With zero inventory, you can stop the customers from placing any orders. The particular product listing will either show Temporarily Unavailable or Out of Stock.
Here’s how to enable zero inventory:
- Click on Inventory and choose to Manage Your Inventory.
- Now choose the product you want to stop receiving orders for.
- In the Available box, enter 0, and then click on Save All.
- You can do this to the products you want to show as Out of Stock or Currently Unavailable.
Delete Product Listing
If a particular product won’t be in stock at any time, you can choose to delete it permanently. Here are the steps to detect product listing.
- Click on Inventory and then choose to Manage Your Inventory.
- Now tick mark the box you see on the product listing.
- Click on Edit Menu from the drop-down and choose Delete Product and Listings, and the inventory will be empty in 15 minutes.
If you have multiple products in the listings, then search particular listings using SKUs, ISBN, and Titles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to submit any documents to close the Amazon seller account?
A: No, there is no need to submit any documents. The process is free from the submission of papers. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned in this article, and you can close the seller account.
Q: Can I delete my Amazon seller account and open a new one?
A: Yes, you can open a new account after deleting the Amazon seller account. You can even use the same email address to open a new account.
Q: Can I have 2 Amazon seller accounts?
A: Yes, you can operate two Amazon seller accounts, and it doesn’t require Amazon’s approval as well. However, Amazon recommends that you should only operate two accounts if there are any legitimate business requirements.
Q: Can you transfer the Amazon seller account?
A: No, you cannot transfer the seller account. If you wish to sell the business, then the buyer has to create a new account.
And that’s everything you need to know about deleting the Amazon seller account. Read the article carefully and make sure to gather all the important information before closing the account.
Keep in mind that the account is non-retrievable once it gets terminated by Amazon, so consider the alternatives listed in the article to stop receiving orders without closing the account.